Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Good Gourd!

We carved pumpkins last night.  Autumn wanted a big one.  Petal wanted a small one.  And frankly, I didn't want to do it at all.  Carving pumpkins is one of the Halloween traditions I hate.  What a mess!  Not to mention small children with sharp knives.  Who thought of this? 

But we got it done.  We laid out plastic bags on the floor and great big bowls for pumpkin guts and we got down to work.  I helped Petal with hers.  Or she mainly just held by hand as I carved everything out. 

I was proud of her this year though...she reached in and pulled out the guts by hand.  It looks like even my little Diva can get her hands dirty once in awhile. 

On the other hand, Autumn has never shyed away from getting messy and dirty.  Her hands dripped ooey orange pumpkin goo within five minutes of cracking open that pumpkin.  Steven teamed up with Autumn to help her with her pumpkin. 


Petal's Pumpkin
(do you notice that "scar" on the side of his face...that was my contribution.  I'm no pumpkin artist, that's for sure.)

Tonight we are roasting pumpkin seeds.  I've never done it before, but I consulted my good friend, Pinterest, and we have made a plan.  The seeds are sitting on a cookie sheet drying out for a good roasting tonight. 

The girls had a good time.  Tomorrow is Halloween and then the sugar overload will finally be done....at least until Thanksgiving. 

I have just resigned myself to the fact that for the next two months I will be broke and exhausted. 

My Wish Flower for today?  I wish that I would have discovered I had pumpkin seeds stuck to my butt before I heard my family snickering from behind me as I walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment